Friday 23 December 2011

Its Nearly Christmas ...



Christmas - It's almost upon us and I still have so much to do! Forever the last minute person - that's me!
Things do eventually fall into place but only after last minute dashes that leave me exhausted and pretty desperate seeking that elusive present especially for the Other Half! I don't know about you but the car parks don't seem to be half as busy this year nor the shops - I went shopping at lunch-time and found that I had Gap and Next virtually all to myself but Waterstone's on the other hand was jam packed - I beat a hasty retreat. When you only have an hour for lunch, you can't hang around in a queue of twenty people! It looks as if I'll be out again tomorrow looking for inspiration!


I've been amazed that with five cats and two dogs that the tree hasn't been pulled down yet! I suppose there is still time! This was the first time that George, our cocker spaniel had seen a decorated Christmas tree - when he saw it, he ran up to it and pulled off a reindeer decoration! The decoration was retrieved with a few teeth marks to show for his efforts!


Every year a new bauble or decoration is purchased for the tree.


These clown ones are from a few years ago - I'd forgotten that I'd bought them so they've had their first airing this Christmas.


I've seen a few blogs where people have created some clever shots and tried to do the same. Not as good the ones I've seen I'm afraid but thought I'd show you my efforts. Here I just spun the camera around and around!


I shook the camera from side to side!


I gently moved the camera up and down!


What else have I been up to? Whilst at Barrington Court recently they had a Christmas Market. I managed to buy some hand dyed wool which will end up as a Christmas present for Our Daughter. The colours are far brighter than they seem in this photo.


The scarf is almost finished!


On Monday we had a Christmas Party at Aunty L's place. Our Daughter loves meeting up with her first cousins and Grandad as she is the only girl and gets a lot of attention!


Our Daughter decided she had to wear her new hat indoors!


And pose for a photo with her eldest cousin!

Last night we had our works Christmas dinner whilst Our Daughter went to see The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe with Aunty L.
Today she's baked some cakes with Aunty L and been to a friends house for tea! She has now gone to bed exhausted!

Well, it's time to finish wrapping those presents, to enjoy a glass of wine and eat some chocolates!

Have a Great Christmas everyone!

Until next time,

June.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, it's really appreciated. I love your daughter's hat.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish you a most happy 2012.. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!