Thursday 27 January 2011

Millenium Trail - Part Four


I absolutely love this Georgian house that we saw on our walk - the setting was beautiful and well away from the road. I'd love to see inside - the high ceilings, the old fireplaces, etc. I wonder if those windows have  indoor shutters ?


Further down the path we came across this gem - Fulling Mill. It was built in the 13th century and used water driven hammers to work raw cloth into a useable material.


Imagine waking up in the morning and looking out of your bedroom window to see some swans swimming by - how wonderful would that be?


Probably a copy of the original sign.


And here is a photograph of the Mill / cottage from the other side.


We followed the River Arle.


 We went past another "No Fishing" sign.


The River Arle - clean and clear - no shopping trolleys abandoned here!


A lovely place for ducks.


And swans.


Further down the Trail you cut back into Alresford via the Playing Fields and the zip wire.


What fun!

There is still some more to show you. I can't believe that I took this many photos.
I hope that you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed our walk.

Have a lovely evening!

Until next time.

June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!