Friday 13 January 2012

Cats and Dogs ...


It's been one of those weeks where I'm quite glad its over and that the weekend is here!
We recently discovered a lump on Charlie, our standard wire-haired dachshund and so it was off to the vets for some tests. We're anxiously awaiting the results of a biopsy so fingers crossed that it's not anything nasty. I really don't think that I would cope very well if it was bad news as Charlie is such a large part of the family.

Milhaus, our ginger cat prevented me from using the computer for most of yesterday by refusing to get off the chair! He's also scratched the leather with his claws!
"It's my chair see, I can do with it what I like!"


Poppy was asleep on our bed until I tried to wake her up with this ribbon - to see if she wanted to play.
The look says it all "We are not amused!"


Archie pretended to be interested for a few seconds!


"Well, I have a chair. I want the ribbon too!"


"Don't take it away!"


Spot the real animal?


And what about little Ruby - late yesterday afternoon she had another one of her epileptic fits. I really thought that it was touch and go this time - she fitted for a good five minutes and then when she came out of it she had lost all control of her legs and couldn't stand up and went all floppy like a rag doll, her heart was beating nineteen to the dozen and she had difficulty breathing. After fifteen minutes she dragged herself behind the T.V. where she stayed for the best part of half an hour staring at the walls.

And then as quickly as she had started fitting it all seemed to stop and she moved out of the corner and walked purring to the sofa where I was sat! Whilst all this drama was going on Miss. K. was playing upstairs with one of her friends - blissfully unaware of what was happening downstairs!
When we were sure that Ruby seemed fine we called her and her friend downstairs and they made a great big fuss of Ruby and she responded in kind by purring very loudly indeed!


Here is Ruby earlier today - as interested in the ribbon as ever but for most of the day she has slept on the basket behind the T.V.

The only other disaster of  note is that Miss. K. fell over at school today and has a red and bloodied knee. They do say that it all comes in threes!

Hope you all have a super weekend. Thanks to all those who commented on my previous posting!

Until next time,

June.

2 comments:

  1. we are rooting for Charlie... sending extra love. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!