Thursday 1 December 2011

The Beach at Branscombe ...


As we were driving home from Barrington Court on Sunday we saw the sun - like a supersized orange in the sky and we had the sudden urge to go to the beach at Branscombe to watch the sunset. Alas, it was not to be. Everything conspired against us - we were stuck behind slow moving vehicles and all the traffic lights were on red!
We kept seeing the sun getting lower and lower - we thought that we just might make it, it was so tantalisingly close - the view when we arrived at ten past four was still magnificent and I will share these photos with you!


The beach was deserted - just us, the only noise the sound of the sea coming in and going out swoosh, swoosh, swoosh! A mesmerizing sound!


I just couldn't believe that at ten past four we had missed the sun! I think that we can safely wave good-bye to Autumn and welcome in Winter. With the sun out of the sky it was a tad on the cold side. I just love this kind of weather when you can wrap up warm with your feet in front of the fire after a walk on the beach!


There is such beauty in the natural world!


We watched wave after wave after wave.


I do like the beach at Branscombe. Change that - I love the beach at Branscombe!


I really would love a house near the beach - one day ...


On Monday there was no school. It was a day to stay indoors as the rain lashed at the windows. It was that nasty, horizontal rain where you get drenched very quickly! We stayed indoors! We pottered around the house and someone decided that she would like to paint the shells that we had collected from the beach at Beer recently - out came the paints pots and paint brushes!


Numerous shells have been painted in metallic paint - gold, silver and bronze - and a few red ones!
All ready to make marvellous Christmas decorations!
"I loved doing that!" she said at the end. You can't ask for better than that ...

Until next time,

June.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of a lovely place.
    What a lovely activity for a day off school when the weather is dull. Joe's school was closed on Wednesday & he slept for most of it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June,
    Gorgeous photos...I know that beach well....lovely.

    Thank you for your comment on my blog and interest in my angels. I didn't pick up your comment until after the fair, but I do have Evangeline if you'd still like to purchase her. If so, please could you email me via my blog's profile (or my website contact) and I will let you know the costs.

    Have a great week,
    Many thanks,
    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are just beautiful.

    I love the contrast between sea and sky. Just lovely.

    Nina x

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!