Friday 9 September 2011

Fowey - Day Four, Part Three


On the way back to our cottage from the Lost Gardens of Heligan we stopped at Charlestown.
Although the sky was blue it was approaching 7.00 p.m. and the wind was blowing a bit of a gale.


We saw a ship where an episode of Dr. Who had been filmed which set off Our Daughter and the Other Half reminiscing about the episode. They are huge Dr. Who fans! I remember with fondness hiding behind the sofa when the Daleks used to come on when John Pertwee was the Dr. This makes me feel old!


As Dr. Who is being discussed animately I admire the pretty little cottages and houses nearby - most of which are holiday lets.


I really liked this one. The open door looks so inviting!


We walked down to the harbour - here the wind was blowing a frenzy, our hair was blown everywhere and I was glad that I had on a pair of trousers otherwise the world might have seen more of me than I would wish it to see!

We walked back to the car park and drove back to Fowey for a good nights rest after all the walking we'd done!

Until next time,

June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!