Wednesday 24 August 2011

Paris Day 7 - Part Two


We returned to Abessess via the Metro from the Musee d'Orsay. In the underground passageways we saw some colourful posters advertising another museum but as you've probably gathered we were all museumed out! Maybe on our next trip whenever that may be!


The chalk artist had added some ladybirds to his pavement art whilst we'd been away.


A look back at the entrance to the Metro station.


Very near to the Metro was the little park which I've referred to before with the "I Love You" wall.
We went into the little park to sit and relax before we ventured uphill to our apartment and those 120 stairs to the front door!


In the park the wild birds were looking for scraps of food. The birds here weren't as adventurous as those in the Jardin des Tuileries - see previous posting.


I do like wild birds.


The Other Half and Our Daughter near the "I Love You" wall.


A rare photo of me taken by the Other Half with Our Daughter by the "I Love You" wall.


We don't look very romantic do we by the "I Love You" wall! This photo was taken by Our Daughter and I had my fingers crossed behind my back hoping that she wouldn't drop the camera!

It was soon time to go back to the apartment and to start packing ready for our departure in the morning. We had to vacate by 10.00 a.m. but our train back wasn't until 1.00 p.m. from the Gare du Nord.
During the morning we did a bit of exploring around the local area nothing too taxing as we were lugging two suitcases with us. After a while we just found a cafe and had some drinks and Our Daughter and I went shopping for presents at nearby shops. More on that later.

Until next time,

June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!