Thursday 3 March 2011

Black Swan Arts Gallery and Frome


The Smile Exhibition at the Black Swan Arts Gallery had so many wonderful exhibits that I thought that I would show you some more! The photo from above and below is from the same piece of driftwood.


These images make me think of that song "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding.

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sitting when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time


The Exhibition certainly brought a smile to my face.


A glove puppet made out of a washing up glove! Doesn't that fox appear to be saying "Oh, I s-a-a-y" in a Terry-Thomas kind of way.


As we came out of the Gallery and started wandering off to the shopping area we saw this boxer dog tied up waiting patiently for his owner to appear. The expression seems to imply "Please come back soon, I'm lonely without you. If you don't come back soon, I think I'm gonna cry."



We walked past this old building - love those arched windows. Reminded me of "Play School" which was on TV as I was growing up ... "And now through the Arched Window ..."


This was the sign to show that a wool shop was "Open" - Quintessentially English don't you think!


I know that fellow bloggers have mentioned this shop - there were some lovely bits and pieces inside.


We saw another dog waiting patiently for his owner.


Another shop which had some lovely things - it sold a lot of quality second hand childrens clothes - Boden, Zara, etc. I liked the old school desk in the window. A youngish man walked past with his girlfriend / wife and said very loudly "Look at the tat in that shop, especially that old rubbishy chest of drawers."  They then both laughed out loud before sauntering off down the road. I tell you it took a lot of restraint not to tell them to "Shut up" and to not voice their opinions so that everyone could hear!


Here we are having arrived home with our bag of goodies - the Julie Arkell and Craig Mitchell books.

A lovely day out.

Until next time.

June.

2 comments:

  1. Such cute and beautiful girl!
    I really love to first pictures, this art is colorful and happy.
    Have a great weekend ahead, June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely message on my blog..I look forward to discovering yours..♥

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!