Saturday 8 January 2011

The Church in Stockland


Here is the Church in Stockland, Devon. We seemed to have visited many churches recently. What I like about a church visit is that you can take your time and invariably have these places to yourself - it always amazes me that these treasure troves are unlocked.


Our daughter outside the Church.


There were many doors into the church - some were quite small and others the usual large doors. I wonder why this church has so many entrances?


The stained glass windows were truly breathtaking.


It is always difficult to capture the beauty of these windows - the light never really seems right.


I love the gold and red in this one.


Stunning!


The inside of the church with its vaulted roof.


Back home here we have our cheeky chappie - he's on the sofa again!
"What is it this time?"


"I'm a bit bored with all this telling off - sofas are meant for people and animals to sit / lie on. I'm quite sure of that. Now, if you don't mind I'd like to go back to sleep."


Contentment!

We've had a hectic day here today as our daughter will be celebrating her 10th birthday tomorrow. As a treat we went up to London to the Lyceum Theatre to see "The Lion King."
We also saw the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace as well as the squirrels in St. James' Park before moving on to Trafalgar Square.
More on that in a later post.

"The Lion King" was truly brilliant - as our daughter said "The best show I've ever seen!"
I overheard this comment when she was on the phone to my dad whose birthday it was today.

Happy Birthday Dad - there is about 1 in a million chance that you will read this bearing in mind
1. You do not have a computer and
2. You don't have a clue how to use one!

I'm hoping to re-arrange my parents coming to stay in view of the fact that the snow let us down this year so perhaps I can show him this post then. I know that he will be gobsmacked about this blogging thing!

Until next time.

June.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful windows and a darling dog too! Happy New Year, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June, Thank you for your blog comment, that is a truly beautiful church! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!