Sunday 14 November 2010

Some more from Paris


This is Notre Dame from dry land. An absolute must to anyone who goes to Paris. Although there were queues here as well - it wasn't too long a wait to get in. The outside of the Cathedral is beautiful but just wait till you get inside as things only get better.


The rose window from inside the Cathedral.


What I really liked about Notre Dame was that you could take your time to walk round. Although there were a lot of tourists you weren't being pushed or shoved out of the way.


The stained glass was amazing.


Mary with Jesus.


After our cultural fix and so as not to bore our daughter too much we made off towards the Jardin du Luxembourg.


Here you could hire a sail boat on the pond, ride a Go-Kart or just relax!


There was also a merry-go-round. Each rider was given a stick and each time the horse went round you had to try and get a ring onto the stick. Our daughter enjoyed this so much - she insisted on three rides to better her performance!


No cats or dogs again I'm afraid. I will make up for it in the next few days when I intend to show you old postcards that I have. Tomorrow though I will continue with our visit to Paris. You will I hope agree, that I kept the best till last!

Until then.

June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!