Tuesday 16 November 2010

Montmartre - Part 2


A photograph leading up to the Sacre-Coeur. As you can see there were many tourists.


A windmill in Montmartre!


There is something strangely beautiful and romantic about this district of Paris. Picasso had a studio here apparently.


I told you yesterday that I hadn't noticed any cats in Paris. As I was looking over my photographs this morning to decide what to put on this post I saw the one below and there we have it - a black cat!


Oh, and here's another one. This was above the door of that weird little shop that I showed you on yesterday's blog-post.


The view from the Sacre-Coeur.


Some more urban artwork!



At the bottom of the Sacre-Coeur there was this very attractive carousel and we were pestered by our daughter to let her have two rides!


Below is a photograph of the Georges Pompidou Centre. Around the outside of the centre were various mime artists, conjurers and street dancers. If you look closely you can see nest like structures attached to the building! There was a strange tardis like toilet near where this photograph was taken and me and my daughter almost got trapped inside!


I still have many photographs of Paris to show you which I will do tomorrow. After that I will move on to old cat postcards - those are well worth the wait!

Until next time.

June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!