Hello there! Apologies for the long absence but Picasa has finally crashed and I can no longer upload any photos and I seem to have lost many that I had. The computer needs to go in to be repaired but other things have stepped in the way of it happening.
I thought that rather than leave it until the computer is repaired (if it can be) I would update you with life in our little neck of the woods and that I would answer the questions posed by Jelly Jam when I was tagged a few months ago. Sorry to Ellie for taking so long to get round to it! Better late than never, I suppose.
I was also tagged by Penny at The Hen House and will try and retrieve the questions and answer those in another posting. Hopefully, I'll get round to it before Christmas!
I have been very accident prone recently. A few weeks ago I attended my Photography Class and we walked to the local church to take some photos. I walked on some wet leaves, slipped and fell over and landed on a gravestone! From my left knee to my ankle came up purple and the leg was very sore for a week. It is still purple but a shade lighter and no longer painful to the touch. Luckily, I didn't damage the camera but by steering my right arm to prevent the camera crashing onto the gravestone I must have done something to my shoulder as that too was painful for a few days.
The tutor had asked us to get a photo of movement. I jokingly asked if anyone had captured me in full flight before crash landing on to the gravestone. Nobody had.
This weekend, whilst looking for some pasta in the food cupboard I opened one of the top cupboards and then went and looked in the cupboard underneath. Forgetting that I had left the top one open I got up and banged the bridge of my nose on the top door - receiving a cut which bled and a blackened eye in the process!
Today, our neighbours in Devon phoned to say that slates have fallen off our roof and that rainwater is coming in through the roof to one of the bedrooms. The OH has had to rush down there to sort it out. I await a report on the devastation - hopefully, it won't be bad. It wasn't but he thinks he's been caught by a speed camera on the way there!
To leave all the mishaps behind I will answer Ellie's questions:
- town or country? I much prefer the country although we currently live in a town - from necessity rather than choice - easy for the school run and work.
- your most unappealing habit? I worry too much. I worry about everything - I can make something small into something big. Since my illness earlier this year I have taken to not worrying so much. There is nothing as important as your health and those of loved ones.
- what advice would you give your 18 year old self? Goes hand in glove with the above - not to worry so much.
- cats or dogs? We have five cats and two dogs (not forgetting the rabbit). I love both but cats have the edge.
- your most overused word or phrase? I don't think that I have one although every time I see a politician on TV or read about one in the press I get completely exasperated and shout at the top of my voice (only when indoors at home) "Stop talking drivel!"
- your perfect dinner date? A night out with the OH, KP and a few friends or family.
- red or white? I like both in equal measures!
- what are you wearing today? Brown cords (the jeans are in the wash) and a green shirt with slippers - a great look!
- spend or save? A bit of both which means we've never got any spare but we don't owe money to anyone either, other than our mortgage. I couldn't go into debt it would worry me!
- dream car? An E-type Jag or a VW split screen camper van (not strictly a car but what the heck!)
- If you were an animal you'd be... a cat!
- I lived on Anglesey in North Wales for the first 20 odd years of my life.
- My first language is Welsh. When I was very little and used to go and play with some English friends from up the road I would find it hard to speak English but the even stranger thing was that I would find it harder once I got home to speak Welsh!
- I was in the same class at school as the son of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's current landlord.
- I wish that I hadn't been so shy at school and played a more prominent role in school plays - always in the chorus but never given a lead role.
- I wanted to be a journalist. Does blogging count!
- I was allergic to cats and dogs until in my 30's!
- I can't abide snobbery.
- I love Chinese food.
- I never suffered from any illnesses until I reached 35! My mum used to send me to play with children with chicken pox, measles, etc but I never caught anything. Now I seem to catch anything and everything and whatever I do get lasts twice as long as it does for anyone else!
- I wanted to do needlework at school but my mum said I had to do french which I detested. The teacher said that I should sit in the back as that was where all the failures sat.
- I am a qualified Solicitor. The son of the french teacher failed his Solicitors Finals!
Hope I haven't wittered on too much. Hopefully, the computer will go in and be repaired soon so that I can once again do posts with photos.
Until next time,