Monday 13 February 2012

I Got Better and then I Got Worse ...


Thanks ever so much for your concerns about my adverse reaction to penicillin. It really means a lot to me that you have taken the time to post a comment. They have cheered me up! And boy do I need cheering up - yesterday I was quite perky and thought that the worse was over. Last night I didn't sleep a wink but at least that meant I avoided the bad dreams that I've been having!  Since the onset of this amoxicillin disaster I have had some really bad dreams - they usually involve me being locked up in a cell and when I break through the wall to escape I then find that I'm in another cell and so on. The other bad dream is pretty much on the same theme but just involves endless amounts of corridors!
What a psychoanalyst would make of all this I don't know but it is a bit like my predicament I want to shift the allergic reaction but don't seem able to!
The rash which seemed to have almost disappeared has re-appeared today but the swellings to my legs and fingers and lips has gone!
The OH has just left to take Miss. K. to stay with her Aunty. There will be four other cousins staying there too! They are off to the cinema tomorrow and swimming on Wednesday.
As she left Miss. K. said "Don't worry about that rash mum, it will go eventually!" Wise words indeed!


It has been raining hard here all day - umbrellas certainly required!


An old postcard in anticipation of Valentine's Day tomorrow.

Have a good Valentine's Day!

Be back soon!

June.

9 comments:

  1. Poor old you. Glad to hear your lips are going to be back in shape for tomorrow!!
    Have a good rest while the little one's away and plan something nice for the weekend in anticipation. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tulip photo, and Im glad to hear you are on the way to feeling better.
    At least your daughter is happily occupied with her cousins so you can have a good rest.

    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear June,
    Sending *best wishes* for your speedy recovery! My dad always wore a medical alert bracelet because of his severe penicillin allergy. Please consider doing the same so you can stay safe & well in future.
    Amazing that you are knitting & blogging even in your distress, you are so talented & so dedicated :0)
    Ms. Maple Leaf
    P.S. A warm bath with 1/2 cup of baking soda dissolved in it helps sooth itching considerably. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dreams sound horrible..I have been having bad ones recently..so I know what you are going through.
    Sending healing thoughts and hugs your way. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read that you were poorly then suffered this horrendous reaction to the antibiotics. Poor you ! Added to that horrible dreams. I reacted badly to the drugs they gave me when I had mastitis when Jess was born. I fainted then dreamed I was drowning & woke up struggling for air. Scary stuff.
    Hope you feel a lot better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a rotten time you are having, I do hope the weekend brings some improvement. I am really looking forward to Upstairs Downstairs on Sunday - so glad they brought it back! Feel better,

    sarah -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are now feeling better. I have just been looking at your blog and all the wonderful pictures of Devon and Burton Bradstock.
    Poor Charlie looked so sad with the cat flap attached!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. take care, dear.... Love Helen and her feline boys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear June - that doesn't sound good. I hope you feel better soon.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!