Sunday 26 February 2012

Five Go On A Circular Walk ...


It felt so fantastic to be able to get out of the house this week-end. Having been cooped up for four weeks with the allergic reaction to Amoxicillin it felt good once again to be fit and healthy!
Yesterday we visited Alresford in Hampshire. We walked around the shops and had lunch at Pizza Express.
I did take my camera with me but didn't take any photos!
I saw this lovely blouse / tunic in one of the shops and I commented to the OH how gorgeous it was but a bit out of my normal price range! Do you know what that wonderful man did he only went and bought it for me!

Today we headed to Selborne with the dogs. The OH did some quick internet research and found a cicular walk for us to follow. The walk was listed as taking an hour and a half to two hours but it took us two and a half! We did have a few stops though - to retrieve George, the spaniel from streams and puddles and Charlie and George from being over friendly with other dogs - bottom sniffing and the like!
Isn't the above cottage fabulous - it was one of the first we came across as we followed the route!


We came across trees and streams - the air was full of birdsong - Spring is surely not far away!


George - in the stream! He wasn't going to be hurried out of it!


All the leaves were dry underfoot. All was silent except for the birds singing in the trees and the crunching of the leaves!


This horse came up to the fence to greet us and without being able to speak he told us that he wanted grass!


Someone was very obliging!


We'd got the dogs back on the lead at this point as we didn't want to scare the horse. Having got the dogs under control, we had to get Miss. K. under control as otherwise she would have stayed here a good half hour feeding that horse which reminded me of Black Beauty! I can hear the theme tune from the 1970's going around and around in my head! It was one of my favourite TV programmes!


We came across a pond and some lakes!


The surface of the water was like a mirror!


And the reflections were stunning!


Many of the trees had ivy growing up them!


All too soon we were back to where we'd started!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
I'm off now to wash some dishes and to do some ironing!

Hello to my new followers and thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my previous post - they really do mean a lot to me!

Be back soon!

June.

16 comments:

  1. Hi, Glad to hear you're feeling better and were able to get out in the lovely spring sunshine! Selborne Hanger is a great walk, if you've got lots of energy! and Alresford is beautiful. I don't know about antique fairs at Farnham but I've been to lots of other crafty type things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely photos! I used to bell ring in Alresford many, many years ago when I was at college in Winchester. I have a friend who still lives there too.
    It's good you're back to your healthy self again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think you probably deserved a treat after the trauma of the last few weeks. Glad you've been out and about and are feeling better.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful. George looks so happy & the horse is a black beauty indeed. Don't know this area tho live in Hampshire too !
    Thanks for your comment which made me giggle ( I've had some major hair mistakes in my time too ! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a glorious walk it looked June! George looked in his element!
    How lovely of your hubby to treat you to the blouse - you must share photos - and after such a horrible time you've had you deserve treating!
    Hope the fresh air made you feel back on top!

    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear June,
    This is ALL so lovely! (So sweet of your hubby to gift you that blouse, too! ♥) ~ Glad you are well!
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I love going to Alresford & Selborne! I'm glad you’re feeling a bit better now.
    I love the picture of George in the stream!

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photographs - looks like a great walk.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. My aunt lived in Alresford many years ago.I used to love visiting her 'down in the country' when I was small.Dogs...don't they just love the water?!
    Bella was paddling in the sea yesterday.It was too cold to swim though,even for her! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It brings back all those lovely memories of feeding horses... when I was a child. Lovely. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The horse and your daughter both look as though they formed a friendship.
    Lovely photos of your walk..
    The house looks so picturesque.
    Your dog really enjoyed his paddle.
    I love the name of your blog. I have 4 dogs..
    I have joined your site..and look forward to reading more.
    Hope you will pass by
    best wishes
    val http;//valerietilsten59.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it looks like a beautiful walk! Complete with your own black beauty too. Some lovely pictures there love the ones with the horse and trees.

    I love days like that simple pleasures and all that.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely walk and some lovely photos too.

    Thanks for your comment on my scavenger hunt post. In response to many comments on it, I have just done a post about the shed in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amoxycillin doesn't do my kid any favours either. Meanwhile, OH has some serious brownie points!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello again! Thanks for your comment. We've been suffering sore throats and generally feeling a bit poorly this week so it could be a cold or something going round.

    Just thought I'd let you know it's really easy to make mosaics - I use the free mosaic maker at big huge labs which is really easy!

    http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, again, June! I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments ~ I had fun with the new header, the paper in the typewriter was the perfect place for that text! :) Yes, the kitties are Persians, just the more "oldfashioned/traditional" type, with the less-extremely flattened faces...♥
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!