Monday 14 February 2011

London Eye and Victoria Embankment


Well, here we are with a continuation of yesterdays post. We were on the Victoria Embankment looking at the London Eye and the River Thames - which looked like the sky - grey but at least it wasn't raining and it wasn't that cold either. Perfect sightseeing weather - not too hot and not too cold!


We were walking along and I espied this sculpture / memorial and had to go and see what it was. It was to commemorate The Battle of Britain. Inscribed on the plinth was the famous words of Winston Churchill - "Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."


The workmanship was wonderful.


The sculptor had certainly fulfilled his remit. It was a beautiful work of art.


We returned to the Embankment and I snapped away at the London Eye - again!


We saw some fabulous things.


And then I returned to snap away again at the London Eye.


Another photo of the Eye! That was the last one I promise!


We walked through some gardens.


And came across Boris Johnson's bicycles for hire!

I hope that you have all had a good Valentine's Day. I have been at work all day and am now just about to go out to work again!
When you are self-employed the hours are sometimes very long!

I will return tomorrow with more of our trip as long as I haven't been arrested for torturing Our Daughter!
When I told her that she was to have a hair wash just now she ran upstairs saying that she was about to be tortured and could somebody please help her!
This reminded me of a story that my mother has often told me of when I was little. I used to hate having my hair washed. One day she took me to have my photograph taken by a professional photographer. The photographer had attended at the local clinic to take photographs. I had just sat down nicely and was about to be photographed when a nurse walked by carrying some towels. I screamed and cried at the top of my voice "I'm not having my hair washed!" My mother said that I couldn't be consoled and red with embarassment she apologised to the photographer before dragging me out of the building!
Like mother, like daughter!

Until next time.

June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!