Thursday 4 November 2010

A trip to Forde Abbey


This is Forde Abbey near Chard in Somerset. It is an old Abbey with delightful gardens open to the public. If you have a few hours to spare it will not disappoint. It also has a restaurant which is open most of the year for lunch and tea.


The dahlias looked wonderful, still out in full bloom.


Here is a photo of  my husband and daughter with our faithful companion, Charlie.


The friendly puss cat we met half way around the garden. If I died tomorrow I wouldn't mind being reincarnated as a cat who lived here!


The berries were out in abundance.


The leaves were in lovely shades of red, brown and yellow.


Nature at its best!


The colours were truly amazing. There is also a lake and a pond or two.


Here I am with my delightful daughter and of course, that hound, Charlie.


That's all for now. Tomorrow I may surprise you all with photos from a recent trip to Venice - watch out for gondolas and cats!

Till next time.

June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I love to hear from you!